Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The great Blogging Challenge Day 7- Nicknames you have and why you have them

I can make this one short and sweet:) I have had many nicknames in my life...so I'll list them for you with a breif explanation:

1. Kat- friends in AR started calling me this and it stuck! I like it...probably my favorite "short version" of my name. :)

2. Kathy- GRRRR- NOT a fan of being called this from ANYONE but my brother-in-law, Matt. He started calling me this in 2nd grade when he and Kelly started dating (in 6th grade) so it's always been special to me...like a big-brother type thing. If anyone else calls me this, they will see my wrath. ha!

3. Caffeine- oh dear. This was from my EXTREMELY hyper adolescent days. I believe Cassidy started calling me this at Camp Goddard in 5th grade because I was SO hyper all the time. I can't imagine where anyone would think that. ;)
*also my IM screen name all through jr. high/ high school!

4. Link- wow this is embarrassing. Tiffany and I were obsessed with the movie, "Encino Man" in jr. high so we decided she would be Stoney, and I would be Link. We thought we were SO cool.

5. Kat von E- When I began working at Jos. A. Bank, and met Ryan-my BOSS (haha), our other boss always had nicknames for us- Ryan was "rhino", and I was "kat von E" for the Kat in the Edmond store...as opposed to Kat von D from LA Ink. When Ryan and I started dating I remained Kat von E, and Ryan was then called "katnip". HAHAHA! I thought that was pretty funny!

6. Beav, Little Beav, Beavy, or Beavus.
My sister has called me Beavus for some reason for as long as I can remember! I know what you're thinking I call her....well, you're wrong. She has always been "Cledus". Not sure why, but we even address each other this way in Christmas cards, e-mails, etc.
*Oh, and if you've read previous blog posts, you may have read where Kelly wanted to name me Elbow before I was born. So ya...I heard that one too!

7. KitKat- speaks for itself; random people call me this all the time.

8. Now for the nicknames of Mom and Dad:
a. Talula- Mom has called me this my whole life. I used to hate it, now I love it when she calls me this because I miss it!
b. Tootie- another one that still makes me laugh but is fun to hear from time to time (as long as it's not in public)
c. Sweetie- Dad has always referred to us this way!
d. KELTHLEEN- hahaha....this was what I was called when Mom started calling Kelly's name, then switched it to me.

9. And my Favorites- the one's that make my day and I couldn't live without...Ryan's nicknames for me:
a. Sugar Britches- make's me laugh everytime
b. Baby, Baby Doll, etc.
c. Beautiful- my favorite
d. Dear- when he knows I need/want something. More of a "yes dear". He's learning well! ;)
*In fact, I can probably count on one hand the amount of times Ryan has called me by my name. When he does, either IM in trouble, or HE'S in trouble! haha!

Ok so it wasn't Short, but it was sweet! :) See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. you are hilarious! this post cracked me up. and you and ryan melt my heart...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete