Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blogging Challenge Day 4- A picture of someone or something that has had a big impact on you

Wow...this could be really really long to say all of the people/places who have impacted my life. I think I'll try and make this one short and sweet though because I could ramble for days about all people Im thankful for!

To start: These 3 people....my amazing husband, Ryan- my spiritual leader and best friend; and my incredible parents- my prayer warriors, teachers, and the people who made me who I am today.I am eternally grateful for these 3.
Next would be this family- the Etheredges. Craig was our Senior pastor at Northwest Baptist through all of my "growing up" years. His wife, Liz mentored me through some of the toughest things I've ever gone through, and I babysat their two PRECIOUS girls- Leah Beth and Abbie Grace. Abbie had JUST been born when I started babysitting for them....she's a teenager now! I feel old!
Next I will go with the most recent people who have truly impacted my life forever:
The first is Robin Meadows- Robin and I meet weekly and I walk away every time with so much helpful advice, wisdom and encouragement. She is amazing at meeting me right where I am that day!

Next would be her daughter, Anna Light. We recently got involved in SWITCH (youth group) at our church, and Anna is the youth pastor. She has met with me multiple times and is helping me sort out and overcome many issues with insecurity in several areas. She is also now training me 3 days a week to finally get in better shape! :) She and her husband Cody are dear friends of ours and also lead our lifegroup!

I also cannot go without mentioning this amazing woman: Katherine Smith. Katherine and I are in the same "school group" and she is quickly becoming one of my closest friends. We meet Sunday's before church for breakfast, and she's that person I can seriously tell ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to! Love her and thankful for her!

Now for places or "things":

I could NOT write this blog entry and leave out the most meaningful place ever for me personally:
Falls Creek- where I accepted Christ at the age of 12 at Young Musicians Camp. Best decision I ever have or ever will make.


Now for THINGS.....
one thing that has always had a HUGE impact on my life would be the object below.
I started playing piano at a young age and FELL IN LOVE with it. I love music and everything about it. I could literally play (and sometimes sing) for hours and hours growing up. I also was able to use this to lead worship all through high school and college.

Last, but CERTAINLY not least would be this: God's Word. The one offensive weapon He has given us in the Armor we are to put on daily(Ephesians 5). My source of comfort, strength, hope, and my guide book.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment