Wednesday, November 17, 2010

FUN FALL WEEKEND!

So this is once again 2 posts...in ONE day! I love slow work days- much more time for blogging! :)

I just can't NOT have a post in here about a HUGE accomplishment for Ryan and I:

WE RAN A 5K!!

And I truly mean RAN! No walking, just running the entire time- side by side! The side by side thing probably won't happen again because we have VERY different strides and couldn't find a pace agreeable for both of us, however, we were hip to hip the whole race and it helped tremendously having each other to push the other one when we wanted to give up!

Now I know- 3.1 miles isn't much, but I had to fight back tears at the end thinking of where I've come from. 3 years ago during all the jaw surgeries, mono, etc...I would have to lay down for a while after simply showering because my body was so worn out. I would lay on the floor and Mom would dry my hair. To go from that to running 3.1 miles- PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

Now- training for a half marathon! That's right people- 13.1 miles! WOOOHOOO! I will be honest- right now I don't think I can do it, but with that attitude I never will. So let the training begin and hopefully my attitude will improve as my running does! :)

ALSO- most productive weekend ever:
-Had an amazing time at the Thunder game with my sister- front row seats, and pictures with Rumble!
-finished ALL my Christmas shopping after our 5k Saturday- while ryan enjoyed an ENTIRE day of football
-Great service at Life Church Sunday, then cleaned the house to PERFECTION! Im OCD about that...I think I'm just beginning to realize that!
-Dinner with the newest members of our Life Group, Emily and Daniel Hayes,  at RePUBlic :)

Here are some pics from the weekend:




BEFORE THE RACE....he wasn't super excited to get up at 6am and run in 30 degree weather! haha
AFTER THE RACE- EXHAUSTED...
THE WHOLE GROUP...this is our "WE MADE IT" pic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment