Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend? Not so much...

Wow, was that seriously a weekend that just flew by me?! Why does that happen...We anxiously await the weekend beginning first thing Monday morning, then it gets here, flies by, and we hardly know what we did?!
I am DETERMINED to not live every day for the weekend, or the next big event, but to enjoy TODAY and whatever it has in store for me! Now, saying that and doing it are two entirely different things! ;) At least I can admit this, and the fact that I know I will never NOT struggle with this. I'll never forget...every morning while waking us up for school, my dad would say "This is the day the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be glad in it." This, at times, would drive my sister and I crazy because we were NOT morning people....now I would give anything to hear that some mornings. He also would (whether or not we wanted to) read us a daily devotional over breakfast every morning. Such sweet sweet memories of all those mornings. I hope one day we will do the same with our children- even though I am STILL NOT a morning person at all! Getting a few words out of me, much less a whole conversation is next to impossible. The good thing is- I married someone just like me. We manage just fine with hand gestures and eye contact until downing a few cups of coffee! ;) Then it's as if we both just woke up and saw one another! Haha...I love all the strange little quirks that make us "us".

Well, to re-cap the weekend,
Let me just say I. LOVE. DEEP. FORK. GRILL. That place has to be the best restaurant around. Now I haven't been everywhere in OKC to eat yet (a goal I seriously have), but they rank at the top of our list right now. Because of those "Living Social" coupons I get emailed daily, we have been twice now for a four-course tasting meal for only $25! Yes we are cheap, but proud of it! So Friday was date night at Deep Fork...crab cakes, steak, wedge salad with blue cheese crumbles, and then an assortment of key lime pie, raspberry chocolate cheesecake, and some kind of heaven-sent sorbe. haha, needless to say DIET FAIL! Ryan and I called that our "last supper" before serious healthy-eating (with NO CHEATING) begins! He had planned to take me to the fair after dinner, but instead we rented a movie. We put the movie in, and looked at each other with the same expression saying "way too tired to watch a movie." We were asleep by 9:30 which was SO nice, but made me feel so old!

Saturday was work work work day! Yard work, 11 loads of laundry, vaccuming, bathroom cleaning, kitchen floor mopping, and some more laundry! Very productive day though. I did slip in some time to get a pedicure and see my niece, Madelyn. She is the happiest little girl Ive ever known. She always makes me smile...every time I'm around her I think of the joy she has and the trust she has in others. That same joy and trust we should have in OUR Heavenly Father! So blessed by that precious little girl!

Oh did I mention, Ryan somehow managed to watch 9 hours of football? haha thanks to DVR, WE didnt miss one play of ANY game on TV! We grilled out at home Saturday night and continued watching football til we both fell asleep! Now that's my type of Saturday!

Sunday I was up super early, and decided to make Ryan breakfast in bed. Not-so-successful. Our dog, Franklin, smelled bacon and proceeded to attempt running THROUGH the bedroom door to get to the kitchen. He's a bit special ;). So Ryan was up and was so kind to say he liked breakfast even though I KNEW the bacon was undercooked, the eggs were overcooked, and the toast was a bit burned. Hey I tried! This is why HE is the cook in our home! I can do a mean load of laundry though!;)

We then went to church for an AMAZING sermon on building up the next generation, and letting them know "we believe in them"! So excited for this series to learn ways to better impact my girls at SWITCH...the Wednesday night youth event at our church.

After church, we met Chris and Angie Webb with their sweet little boy Aidan, for lunch at Chili's. I love spending time with them- always positive and uplifting. Then....began one of my LEAST favorite things to do of all time- SHOPPING. bla- I HATE shopping, unless its Christmas shopping for other people. I just needed ONE pair of gray dress pants for work. After 5 different stores, crazy traffic, and very hot weather (I have no tolerance for heat by the way), I came home with a shower caddy, a door mat, two cardigans, and matching OU shirts for Ryan and I. LOL- no pants. Oh well, still accomplished something! A nice quiet evening after that, watching one of our favorite shows- "House", then bed early again to end a productive weekend!

Now it's Monday and Im going to continue praying to hear back from that possible BIG opportunity job-wise! Pray for/with me if you think about it....really ready to be challenged and feel more productive at my job each day! Thanks for reading as I rambled on about only 48 hours! :) I plan to have more inspirational blogs along the way, but had a few friends make comments about wanting to actually read 'about my life' in at least one posting. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment