Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Friday Friday!!!

After 3 diet dr. Peppers and 2 Red Bulls I feel ENERGIZED! I think the main reason is because it's FINALLY FRIDAY! This week has been extremely long and hard, but also wonderful at the same time! We had a WONDERFUL time in Houston last weekend with Ryan's brother's family....but I must admit, I was VERY tired when we got home. I wouldnt have traded that time with our precious neice and nephews for anything, but man those kids have energy! :) We did, however get some great time together, thanks to Austin and Jami, at a Dave Matthews Band concert in the Woodlands. The instrumentalists in that band could all have their own 3 hour show with the talent they each have! We really enjoyed everything about Houston...except the humidity! I dont think I can ever get used to that! (mental note: plan lots of Houston trips in the Winter)

Monday night was dinner with our family, then meeting with Cassidy for accountability (we actually went over Questions this time instead of just chatting), Tuesday night was Life Group kick-off at On the Border (SO SO FUN), Wednesday night was BIG SWITCH then coffee with a girl in my small group after, Thursday night was counseling, and tonight......(drum roll please)
DATE NIGHT!!!! Oh how it's needed! We have had a great evening every night, and doing so many GOOD things.....but a night to sit face to face and enjoy each other's company will be SO nice! Dinner at Deep Fork Grill- I love those Living Social coupons...4 course entree for two- $25!!! I cant pass up a deal like that!

To back up for a moment, can I just say how amazing God is! Our Life Group met for the first time Tuesday just to meet and get to know one another a bit. Every couple in that group is so wonderful, and we could tell already that we will LOVE spending time with them and growing together with them throughout this semester. We saw so many things we have in common (we are ALL Dexter and Lost fans it seems), and my jaw hurt so bad after leaving the restaurant because we laughed so much! Cant wait to see what God will do in and THROUGH our group!

Well, tomorrow- cleaning day, OU game (while folding the 10 loads of laundry I'll do tomorrow morning), then dinner with Chris and Angie Webb- great great friends. Sunday- church, hopefully rest, then AVETT BROTHERS CONCERT. I bought these tickets as a HUGE surprise for Ryan, but of course told him about them the second I got home from work! Should be a fun fun weekend.

Please pray for my job situation...there are a lot of unknowns at the moment, and my patience is running out. Pray for God to take away my anxiety, and give me joy IN SPITE of my circumstances when I walk through the office door every day. Pray that a VERY exciting possible opportunity (that came up today) will work out and that God will give me favor in the eyes of those considering me for this position.

On that note- I read this today and LOVE it...just had to share:
"I know that your love will last for all time, that your faithfulness is as permanent as the sky" (Psalm 89:2 TEV).

Isn't it good news to know that God never gives up on you? No matter what you do, HIS love never gives up. so so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment