Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Here Lately...

Wow!!! Is it really February 15th?! I apologize to all 9 of my followers (haha) for not updating this in over a month! It has seriously been a whirlwind of a month...I will update a bit more on this in my next post.

I wanted to highlight a few things that have happened since my last post. Lots of great memories I want to keep track of on here...

First there was the BEST double date with this awesome couple:
I absolutley love these two- so much fun to be with! Megann and I call each other "Twin"...people confuse us often for one another, but I just consider that an enormous compliment to be compared to her! We had a well...."OK" meal at 105 degrees while on the "Daniel Fast" (OK only because of the interesting food- the company was PERFECT), then went to Flips (our favorite place ever) for some good conversation and LOTS of laughs!  

Then there was THE THUNDER GAME....we played the New York Knicks in a absolutley incredible game. Literally we called it a movie-moment...buzzer goes off (we are two points behind), no time left on the clock, Kevin Durant shoots for 3, and SCORES after the buzzer! We WON! It was crazy exciting. The best part of the night was enjoying dinner, and the game with Katherine, Abi, and Whitney...we also had some great laughs and maybe watched a fourth of the game due to our in-depth conversations that were going on!



Then February hit, SNOWmageddon, and many other names for the TWO crazy snow storms we had back to back, I had strep throat AND the flu, therefore I was VERY thankful for two entire days to do nothing but lay on the couch and REST.

SuperBowl Sunday happened to be my birthday this year which was pretty fun. The weekend was so great! Katherine and I went to Upper Crust for a girls night Friday, then watched Eat, Pray, Love at our house afterwards. Saturday I had lunch with Stacy, then did some fun shopping with Ryan. Saturday night was a night I'll never forget...


All these AMAZING women threw me a birthday party at On the Border!! It was an absolute blast, and I've never felt so special. I know all these girls from Life Church and I can honestly say I've never experienced "community" or such tremendous encouragement as I have from the women above!
I love this girl! SO MUCH! This is Katherine- she and I became instantly close as PC North SWITCH leaders together at our church. I don't know what I would do without her! Also...you want to meet the funniest, wittiest, most hilariously sarcastic person EVER- hang out with this girl!

NEXT WAS.... The OKC "RUNderground"...a 5k in the downtown tunnels of OKC. THE most fun run I have EVER participated in! I was so happy too- I hadn't been able to run in 2 months due to knee pain, and had ZERO pain in this run! The only problem about running in the tunnels...LOTS of escalators- turned off. Needless to say, I was VERY SORE the next day!


 NEXT BIG RACE- the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon!! Katherine and I will be on a relay team with some other Chesapeake employees...I start training TODAY actually. I will be doing a 10k leg of our race (6.2 miles) and she will be our 12k leg racer! I can't wait!

Last but absolutely NOT least...Valentine's day with the greatest husband ever. He surprised me with a purse, and the best perfume! I was VERY impressed with his ability to pick out a purse for me! That is NOT an easy task. :) Last night we enjoyed an incredible meal at Red Prime, and it was just what we needed- a romantic night to forget the busyness of life and enjoy one another's company.

I love my Valentine!

Until next time! ...

1 comment:

  1. this is a wonderful post, girl!!! it is so obvious that you are a person who truly enjoys life! so refreshing. :) {also, couldn't agree more about kaherine! she should do a stand up routine, which should also feature her facial expressions when it comes to guys she is not impressed with! hahaha}

    ReplyDelete